Graduate with more than a degree.
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12-16 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
What can Arts Co-op do for you?
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $25,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,250
- Return on investment = $22,750
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
What types of work and employers can you expect?
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers here
Applying to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process.
What an Asian Studies grad says about his journey in co-op:
“Co-op has definitely altered my career path and is responsible for the position I have now. While I always had an interest in the Department of Foreign Affairs, I didn’t think Government was for me. Two co-op positions with Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada as an Assistant Trade Commissioner and a Business Development Analyst showed me that there are dynamic parts of Government that can make positive contributions to industry and society. I was able to leverage my two co-op terms with the federal government into a full-time position right after I graduated.”
– Duncan Wright, BA 2008, Asian Studies
– Work terms: Westin Awaji Island Resort & Conference Center, Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
To read profiles for Arts Co-op grads, visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca/category/profiles/student-profile.
The Canada-Japan Co-op Program
Arts Co-op students can also apply to the Canada-Japan Co-op Program, which offers students access to a range of co-op opportunities in Japan, customized pre-departure language and cultural training. Additional fees for participation in this program apply. For more details, visit www.thecoopjapanprogram.com