The Asian Centre has multi-functional facilities suitable for conferences, seminars, workshops, exhibitions, and cultural performances. This space can be used by university and public groups, with priority given to Asia-related events. If you have any questions about our facilities, please contact our Communications & Events Coordinator, Sophie Gardner, at email@example.com or 604-827-2610.
The building is open during the regular hours of the Asian Library but our spaces may be used for bookings at any time.
(4 hour rental)
|$200 plus tax/(4 hours)||$350 plus tax/(4 hours)|
|$325 plus tax/day||$550 plus tax/day|
For more details on our auditorium, click here.
|First 4 hours||$30/hr||$45/hr|
UPGRADES & RENOVATIONS to ASIAN CENTRE / ASIAN LIBRARY
Construction: May 2 – End of October 2019
Thank you for everyone’s continued patience and cooperation as we confirm detailed plans and scheduling for the renovation work in the Asian Centre. Construction and demolition work is set to begin on Thursday, May 2.
- Ground floor washrooms (Level 5/ground floor): The two washrooms will be expanded and renovated to meet accessibility requirements.
- Asian Library (Level 7) – The upper floor of the library will undergo extensive renovations to include new librarian offices, the removal of the study cubicles, and a reduction of book stacks to create increased open space for study and programs.
- Asian Library upper floor ceiling: Removal and replacement of the library ceiling on the underside of the main roof structure. Scaffolding platform will be constructed in the main lobby entrance to provide access to the ceiling.
- Main entrance lobby: The entire area will be covered with a scaffolding platform for access to the main roof ceiling. The furniture will not be available and the lobby will only be used for access to different parts of the building.
- Main entrance pathways: Access pathways to the library, auditorium, south and north building corridors, as well as the lobby stairwell and elevator are maintained throughout the project. Building users will be travelling through tarped tunnels constructed within the scaffolding to maintain access.
- Ground & lower level washrooms closed (Level 4 & 5): As there will be work that will impact the lower level washrooms (Levels 3 & 4), only washrooms 202 and 203 at the lowest level (Level 2) will be available during the construction period. Access to the washrooms will be from the lobby stairwell or building elevator located in the south corridor.
- Signage: Project and wayfinder signage will be provided throughout the project.