Size: 54’x42′ / Max. Capacity: 200
The auditorium is the most versatile of the spaces in the Asian Centre because of its following features:
- lighting – fluorescent lights as well as round incandescent lights with a dimmer control box in the main auditorium.
- built-in 20-foot screen for films and slides
- no fixed furnishings – the auditorium has no fixed seats, tables or stage. This means that chairs, tables and platform tables can be set-up to meet the needs of the user group*. This room has been the venue for many conferences, exhibitions, lectures, film showings, as well as special performances and fashion shows. The room has parquet flooring.
- 190 stackable chairs, 18 collapsible 8ft by 2.5ft tables, and lectern are available and included in with rental.
- visibility and connecting foyer – located on the main floor, the auditorium is very accessible. The large foyer in front of the auditorium provides the ideal area for mingling before and after an event.
- built-in coat check area
- dressing room – there is a small adjoining dressing room which may be used by performers. The dressing room is equipped with a well-lit make-up mirror, a toilet, wash basin and shower.
*The Renter is responsible for looking after set-up and clean-up themselves unless otherwise agreed to in the rental contract. All chairs must be properly stacked and stored in the storage room by the end of the booking.
(4 hour rental)
|$200 plus tax/(4 hours)||$350 plus tax/(4 hours)|
|$325 plus tax/day||$550 plus tax/day|
* the UBC rate is only applicable to other UBC departments and units that can pay through our interdepartmental system (payment by JV). It is not applicable to UBC students, staff, alumni, etc. We do have a special rate for UBC AMS clubs though! Please contact us through the online booking request form for details.