You will contribute to the research project by writing a doctoral thesis on one of the two following topics:
1. Exiled at Home! Writing Confucian Philosophy under Conditions of Censorship in the PRC (1949–1976)
2. The Politics of Anti-Confucianism and Philosophical Argument: The Debates between Confucians and Liberals in 1950s Taiwan.
For details, please visit Europa.unibas.ch
Applicant Profile and Qualifications:
- MA thesis in a topic and discipline relevant to the PhD research project
- Proficiency in Modern Chinese and in English
- The pursued PhDs can be done in either Philosophy, Political Science or European Global Studies, depending on your profile and career plans.
- Integration in an active research group
- Participation at conferences with your own contributions
- Support for publishing your results in peer-reviewed journals
The salary and the conditions of employment will be those of the University of Basel and the SNF.
Please send your complete application dossier, including a letter of motivation and CV (all documents in one e-mail as a single PDF-document) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which of the two projects you are interested in pursuing. The closing date is July 5, 2018.
In case you have questions about the positions, please contact the head of the research project, Prof. Dr. Ralph Weber: email@example.com.