I have been engaging in Japanese language education since 2012 and had taught in China and Hawai’i before UBC, teaching Japanese as a foreign/second language as well as Japanese business/academic skills. Also, I taught Japanese as a heritage language to those Japanese children who were born in Hawai’i.
My general research interests are in language assessment and evaluation. As the world has been facing towards more of evidence-based education, I am currently interested in the notion of accountability in language education. Also, I am interested in blended learning.
- MA in Second Language Studies at University of Hawai’i at Mānoa, specialized in Language Teaching and Language and Social Interaction
- BA in Second Language Studies at University of Hawai’i at Mānoa with a focus on teaching Japanese as a Second Language
- Certificate from Lancaster University in Language Testing, Classical and Modern Test Theory, and Statistical Analysis (100 hours of training in total)
I had previously taught at:
- University of Nottingham Ningbo China
- University of Hawai’i at Mānoa
- Japan-America institute of Management Science
- Ubon Ratchathani University